- What could be better than getting away from it all with your best girlfriends? The trend of “women-only” getaways is on the rise and women everywhere are creating weekend escapades that cater around their needs and wants. A recent womansday.com article listed Puerto Rico among the top “just-the-girls” trips for 2013. In honor of National Girlfriend’s Day (August 1), Flavors of San Juan has crafted an ideal girls weekend escapade. We’ve included not only our tours and tasting, but also our hands-on, Caribbean-cuisine-centered cooking class because nowadays “women are no longer content just to taste their dishes; they want to learn how to make the food themselves!” (travelchannel.com)
Enjoy it ladies, you deserve it!
- Arrive in sunny San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Check-in at the luxury, boutiuqe El Convento Hotel in the Historic Old San Juan District
- Take Flavor’s of San Juan *Signature* Friday-Night Dinner Tour. It’s a weekend getaway, make the most of your time and dine at 4 of Old San Juan’s most exclusive restaurants while exploring old world Spanish architecture!
- Stop by San Sebastian St.’s La Factoria for some award-winning rum cocktails
- Top it all of with some steamy salsa dancing at Nuyorican Café
- Start the morning of right with our Coffee Tasting at Cuatro Sombras Café
- Get in some morning shopping at the Old San Juan duty-free boutiques
- Head over to the Isla Verde beach strip for a rooftop cooking class with the girls at our Chef for a Day Cooking Class.
- Soak it all in with some beach time at the El Convento Beach Club in Isla Verde
- Spend a night out in the exciting Condado District:
- Head over to the La Placita Market Place in the Santurce Art district for some pre-dinner drinks, then pop-over to Jose Enrique’s for award-winning local cuisine, all followed by a girls’ night out at some of the many Condado hot spots (try theLa Concha bar and lounge, Di Zucchero, or El Barril for some good fun).
- Explore the waterfalls and lush vegetation of the El Yunque Rainforest for some natural spa therapy and relaxation
- Visit the beautiful half-moon bay of the Luquillo neighborhood beach while pausing at the strip of kiosks for some local fare
- Head back to San Juan for a Spa Day Afternoon at the Hotel (aromatherapy, facials, manicures, pedicures, massages, you earned it!)
- Sunset drinks at the El Convento rooftop terrace and pool.
- Go home feeling renewed and relaxed!