The holidays are officially here! It’s time to eat, drink, and be merry! There’s no better way to do that in Puerto Rican than with some classic coquito.
Coquito is a classic Christmas drink that is consumed in Puerto Rico around the holidays. It’s kind of like eggnog, but better (hey, we’re biased here!) and more tropical. You can make it for your family to enjoy this Christmas or give it your friends as a gift. The best part about this recipe? It’s super easy to make! Keep reading to see how we make the perfect coquito.
- 1 cup of white rum (optional)
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until mixture is well combined. Pour into a large glass bottle and store in a refrigerator.
- Shake well before serving.
Picture from Que Rica Vida.